Wednesday 13 April 2011

Natalie's Magical Mystery Tour

These little darlings above are called Gay Bombs, and as I feel an explanation is called for, it is below. Beneath that are other wonderful glass items from an exhibition I went to with Susan.




The full story goes like this - Natalie decided that, as she was at work, she would send Susan and I on a mystery tour - there were several envelopes to be opened at various times, and we were given directions how to get to places but not what they were! We were also given $20 for the first venue, which was a huge second-hand store called Cat's Eyes and you could fill a bag for $20 - we were there for AGES it was brilliant, crimpelene heaven - fifties, sixties, you name it they had it in brilon, nylon, fur and furbelows. From there we were directed to a lovely 'natural food' cafe, then an envelope contained something for me that I had to wear in public - it was a sash with BIRTHDAY GIRL on it!!!! I wore it everywhere, and on being wished a happy birthday I said it wasn't but that at my age every day was my birthday. Our next stop (still wearing the sash and taking photos) was the brilliant blown glass exhibition above.


Susan and I had such a great time and bought crazy clothes and had a lot of laughs. Thank you Natalie.

No comments:

Post a Comment