Friday 22 June 2012

Vive la France

Had a lovely holiday in France (Dordogne) for a week, and the weather was fabulous, and the company was fabulous, and the food and drink was ....fabulous.   Went to various little towns and managed to disgrace myself by falling over (no, no, it was morning, long before GT (gin time)) and boy was it painful.   Had to go to hospital and have x-rays on my hand because it was thought to be broken.  So when anyone asks to see my holiday snaps I get out my x-rays.  My face swelled up like elephant (wo)man, and cut and bruised knees, etc., but did it spoil the holiday - not a bit.

Anyway, I won't bore you too much, but will just put a few pics on.   The whole thing was summed up for me by being able to sit in a garden in the sun with a drink in my hand, and listening to the birds singing - and they did sing. A lot.  Also there was a terrapin and some goldfish, but they didn't do a lot of singing to be honest.








No comments:

Post a Comment