Wednesday 31 August 2011

A surprise!

Well, went to visit Doug and Nikki for a few days 'dahn in Essex' - their house is really coming along well, and the garden is so so much better than it was. It was quite warm so we were able to sit outside (with our gins) most days. Doug said he had a surprise for us, it was to celebrate what he calls my 5th birthday (5 years since the Big C) and also my real birthday coming up (Big Seven Oh). Took us on the train to London - we didn't know where we were going - taxi across London, and we had lunch at the Ivy! It was fabulous.

Even the loo was interesting....

Anyway, during the meal Doug said there was more to come, we were going to a show, but he wouldn't tell us which one. When I finally twigged, I was in tears of excitement when I realized it was 'War Horse'.



It was just totally incredible and I loved every minute, though of course had a good cry as well. Thank you Doug, for a lovely day. What with that, and the trip to Banff that Natalie gave me, I am pretty lucky.


No comments:

Post a Comment