Wednesday 4 August 2010

Family Reunion



On 1st August we had a family reunion/90th birthday party in Lincolnshire at the lovely hotel where my daughter got married, and where we had a previous reunion, sadly the last one for my mother. It was a good turnout, about 40, with four having to drop out at the last minute: one child was sick at the first roundabout from home and was taken back by her mother, and my poor sister was taken to hospital with terrible pains (gallstones) and so she and brother in law didn't make it either. Otherwise, the sun shone, the wine flowed, and everyone had enough time to do a bit of catching up, and to ponder over the identity of some family members who had grown up so much they were unrecognisable! Disappointing that my daughter and grandchildren couldn't be there (particularly one who had planned to be there, but thanks to stupid airline rules was unable to come this time - but will definitely be visiting next year).



At the top, I have scanned my place marker which is a copy of a painting given as part of the birthday celebration gifts for the 90 year old - my stepfather. Happy birthday David!!

I also found an amusing item in the booklet left in my room - it mentions the film "The Wild and the Willing" (a bit faint, maybe you can't read it) but that made me laugh, as two of my sisters and I were extras in that film. So many many years ago, that if that's Lincoln's claim to fame, heaven help it! Get a grip, Lincoln!

No comments:

Post a Comment