Saturday 3 October 2009

Three gifts

The goblet and bowl above took for ever and a day to make, but I am pleased with the result. I carefully carried them to London to be polished, and for the inside of the bowl to be gilded. The man who did such wonders is called Stephen Goldsmith, and he did a beautiful job. I am hoping that he will do the same for the bowl below when it is finished. The plan is to have the leaf sections gilded and the rest plain.


I have tried another computer skill! Managed (I hope) to scan the rough design I did for the bowl mentioned below, which shows where the tendrils are going to be. After the two previous items - a goblet and a bowl above, which were for present, this is my last one. That's all on this, I'm even boring myself, time for a g&t methinks...


No comments:

Post a Comment