Tuesday 22 September 2009

Summer School - papier mache




Another year I went to Summer School and did papier mache with James Cochrane, who was delightful, and is a brilliant illustrator. I made a very large green tree frog, which has now hopped its way over to Canada and lives there, and also a lady which I called "Ermintrude shows off her new hat". Her nose and her breasts are made from clay which are cooked in the oven, and when I made the breasts I wasn't sure how big to make them, so I made two pairs. I asked James whether he thought she was better suited to the 34B or the 36C, and we decided the smaller ones looked best. Later that day another lady, who was making a very large hippo, found that she was running out of time and needed eyes for him. I leant over and handed her the 36C breasts and lo and behold! They fitted EXACTLY into the hippo's eye sockets....


The other comment I have to make about this is, you might see from the closeup that she looks uncannily like a certain ex-Prime Minister (sorry, no prizes).

1 comment:

  1. I love the boob story. I'll take a photo of the frog and email it to you ASAP.

    ReplyDelete